I can’t believe it’s December already. The year has totally flown by. I hope everybody had a fun Thanksgiving.But really, Thanksgiving means that it’s time for Christmas.
After we got home yesterday, I freed our Christmas decorations from the attic and did some interior decorating. Unfortunatelly, you’ll have to wait for pictures a bit longer. It rained all day Sunday so I didn’t bother with the outdoor decorations, although I did put the wreath on the front door. Which brings me to a question.
When you have a storm/screen (in our case, glass) door on the front door, should you hang the wreath on the actual door (so it would be sandwiched between the 2 doors) or on the storm door? Right now I have it sandwiched, but I worry that you can’t see it too well from the street. I’ll have to try both positions and see what looks best.
I still have at least 1 craft store run left. And at least 1 more Target run.
Here’s what’s left:
- Put wreaths on windows
- Put candles in windows –and find a way for them not to fall over
- Plug candles in at 5pm as fast as possible (they have a built in timer- 8 hours on, 16 hours off. I’d like them to come on at 5pm so they turn off at 1am)
- Swag garland around front door
- Wrap garland around lamp post
- Wrap white lights around railings/columns
- Get more ornaments for the tree
- Get more garland for the mantle & credenza in the family room
- Try to convince Matt to let me use some ribbon on the banister
This is what I did yesterday:
- Get decorations from attic
- Put bows on wreaths
- Wrap garland around front banister
- Set up the tree
- Decorate the tree in a way so that the cat can’t break anything
- Put stockings on the mantle
Phew. Hopefully we can make our craft store/Target runs today so I can finish decorating throughout the week. And so you can see pictures.