Lots of folks are talking about their New Year’s Resolutions right about now. I generally don’t do resolutions, but I do love how the New Year is a fresh start. Instead of posting resolutions, I’m going to post some goals.
I think I’ll set some long-term, year-long goals, but break those up into monthly goals. I know myself well enough to know that a long-term goal wouldn’t happen. So here we go!
Long Term Goals
- Lose 20 lbs. Man, I’d love to be back at my high school weight. I’m hoping that this will be the year that I actually follow through.
- Keep the house clean. To do this, I’m going to create a cleaning schedule that works for me and try to get away from the weekend-cleaning habit
- Try new recipes
- Walk the dog. I think more walks will generally help the pups to not be so excited all the time.
- I’m going to start my weight loss attempts with setting a goal to run once a week. I’m hoping that this works pretty well, since one of my (many) issues with running is that it’s so dark out by the time I get home. I think that by starting with 1 run a week, I can do that on the weekends during the daylight hours. I figure by the time I work up to 3 or more runs per week, I should be safely into Spring.
- My Jan goal for cleaning will be to make a schedule and see if I can realistically stick to it for a week. I’ll tweak this and have something set by month’s end. As I know from working with our budget, if you can’t stick to the plan, then it’s really no good. I don’t want to waste time hastily setting a plan but then failing miserably.
- I think I’ll start January with 1 new recipe per month. And this is pretty much accomplished already, as I have a black bean soup on the stove right now!
- We walked the dog today, so yay for us. I think 1 walk a week is a good starter here. Again with the daylight hours issue. And the cold.
So we’ll see how that goes.
I think 2009 is going to be a kick ass year. Around the house, we have a lot of things we’re hoping to cross off our list:
- Finish wiring the family room
- Paint the family room
- Make curtains for the living room, wet bar area, and dining room
- Get rugs for the front entry way, front hallway, and living room
Organize the garage