Wow. Long time no post. Sorry about that. March totally ran away from me. So here’s what you missed hearing me ramble about in March:
- For St. Patrick’s day, I made some Buffalo Chicken Dip and died it green. It looked like guacamole, but still tasted awesome.
- We sold my car to my sister.
- We bought a 2006 Volvo XC90 to replace it. We’re loving it so far.
- I worked a ton. But not much new there.
- I turned 25. Eek!
- Guitar Hero: Metallica was released. We’ve been rocking our socks off ever since.
This weekend was the perfect way to get April started here in Virginia. We spent the weekend outside doing yard work. We built a raised bed for veggies in the back yard using The Pioneer Woman’s tutorial. It turned out great! The lumber was way cheaper than buying one of those assemble-yourself kits from various gardening sources. We’ll be making another one in 2 weeks to go next to it. (there will be a 1ft path between the two). Due to our sloping yard, we ended up adding a 3rd board on the front side so that the front of the beds are 18inches deep and the back are 12inches deep.
Here’s our plan for the garden this year:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Bell peppers
- Either strawberry or blueberry
I’ll be doing our herbs in small pots on the deck. I’ve started seeds for:
I’ve also started a good handful of flowers by seed (predominately annuals) to be planted in planters on the deck and in the ground in the front and back yard. I really hope we have better luck with our tomatoes this year than we did last year.
We have lots of plans for our yard this spring, hopefully I’ll have time to update the blog with all of our changes. Oh! And this weekend is our 1-year house-aversary! It was one year ago that we closed on the house and moved in! Hard to believe how fast the year has flown by.