Last year I came up with some long term goals for the new year instead of resolutions. Let’s review.
Long Term Goals
- Lose 20 lbs. Man, I’d love to be back at my high school weight. I’m hoping that this will be the year that I actually follow through. — I’m down 15lbs this year. I’m hoping for another 10.
- Keep the house clean. To do this, I’m going to create a cleaning schedule that works for me and try to get away from the weekend-cleaning habit — I made multiple schedules, but they never stuck. After doing this for the party prep the other week, I think I might be able to commit to this in the coming year.
- Try new recipes — Easy peasy!
- Walk the dog. I think more walks will generally help the pups to not be so excited all the time. — We’re getting there!
I think 2009 is going to be a kick ass year. Around the house, we have a lot of things we’re hoping to cross off our list:
- Finish wiring the family room
- Paint the family room
- Make curtains for the living room, wet bar area, and dining room (we bought these, but whatevs!)
- Get rugs for the front entry way, front hallway, and living room
- Organize the garage
I’m shocked that we got all of the “around the house” items done! The long term goals are kinda iffy, but I think I’ve made some fairly decent progress.
Do you resolve in the new year? Did you meet your goals for last year? I’m still debating on doing a resolution for 2010, I’ll probably stick with goal-setting. Sounds less daunting 🙂