I’m feeling pretty “blah” about my office lately. It’s boring and something has gotta give. So I put together a little mood board with some ideas for the space. Whether or not I make any/all of these changes… well that depends on some purse strings.
1. I’d love to have a daybed in my office.
I’d use it mostly as a sofa, but it’d be great to have another bed for when we have more than 2 guests (currently we have to use some air mattresses and sofas if we exceed our 1 guest bedroom capacity). But, daybeds are pricey, and my budget does not like that.
I’m sure most of y’all read Young House Love– but did you click through to the blog Knock Off Wood? OH my goodness. I’m blown away. That site makes me want to head straight to Lowe’s or Home Depot and spend my paycheck on power tools and wood so I can build a houseful of furniture. So more realistically, I’d like to build a daybed. If I built a daybed, I think I’d paint it either white or a light-sky blue. Then add some yellow pillows. Sigh…
2. Oh! How I would love a secretary. I would fill it with all of my craft items so I can clear out that office closet. I’m just waiting for Ana @ Knock Off Wood to add a set of plans for a secretary.
3. This represents the folding table that I currently have in my office. In the past this table has been my sewing table, but I’m going to try a new arrangement where I sew on my desk and use this table for all fabric cutting. I’ll probably also put a TV on this table.
4. This is my desk (mine is a darker stain). It’s parked in front of the windows in my office and has my keyboard & mouse for when I bring my laptop up here and as a mentioned above, now houses my sewing machine.
5. But what I’d love to try out to make the folding table not so blah is to skirt it in this super cute fabric (created by Jessica at How About Orange). Something like this:
I think just adding a daybed would make a major impact. Then I can use this room as more of a lounging/reading/internet-ing spot that is NOT our family room sofa.
So what do you think? Are you pro-daybed? Or can you make a case for a futon? What about a rug? Is that weird if the room is already carpeted? Do share!