Huge milestone, you guys. We’re halfway through the pregnancy! I can’t believe it. March still seems so far away, let alone the end of March. I’m so excited to find out if we’ve got a baby boy or girl on our hands. We still haven’t bought anything for baby K, but I’m thinking that will change after Thursday. Also I’d really like to attempt a quilt but I can’t plan that either until I know what direction we’re going with in the nursery.
On to the stats:
- How far along? 20 weeks (and 1 day)
- Total weight gain: Approx. +7 lbs (will have an official weigh-in at the doctors on Thursday. I’m slightly nervous about this, even though I really feel like I haven’t been eating much more than usual)
- Maternity clothes? Yep. I still wear my pre-preg lounge-wear and PJs but normal clothes are of the maternity variety.
- Sleep: So, funny story. Fridays are my most-tired days and that was especially true this past Friday. First I fell asleep on the sofa and then when I got up and headed upstairs for bed, I set our alarm. Matt wasn’t home but in a bout of pregnancy brain, I totally forgot that he would be coming home in a few hours and I set the alarm so that once any door was opened, the big, super loud alarm would go off right away. Matt came home ~1 – 1.5 hours after I went to bed and I did not wake up AT ALL when that big alarm went off. I can’t believe it – I was totally zonked out.
- Cravings: I really have a thing for apples, especially cold. I’ve been eating applesauce for (1st) breakfast most mornings. This is making me wish I had a whole bunch of apples to make my own applesauce with.
- Best moment this week: Matt felt a baby Kesler kick! I’m so excited that he finally felt one.
- Movement: Yep! Things are getting more frequent (when baby is awake). In my paranoid self, I find myself poking and prodding my belly if its been awhile without any kicks for some reassurance.
- Gender: We find out on Thursday, our 4th wedding anniversary!
- Belly Button in or out? In
- What I miss: Alcohol. I really want to indulge in 1 (small) glass of something (wine or champagne) to celebrate our anniversary and a healthy baby Kesler after our appointment on Thursday.
- Milestones: Halfway! 20 weeks completed, 20 weeks to go.