It’s been another great week here. I think this might be what people talk about when they say that the 2nd trimester is the best. That said, my back hurts if I walk too much or just generally do too much. I have to take breaks and drink water if I’m being extra active. And doing things like grocery shopping wear me out. But I’m not nauseous, so life is grand.
I’m especially looking forward to Thanksgiving. It might be one of the best holidays to be knocked up during because hello, all of that eating! And some of my favorite foods (mashed potatoes, dressing, cranberry sauce, rolls)! I’m super excited about going to 2 Thanksgiving dinners this year. I will admit that my plan includes limiting turkey intake so I can focus on what matters. Dressing and potatoes.
We also braved Ikea on Saturday, but that’s a whole other post.
On to the stats:
- How far along? 22 weeks
- Total weight gain: Umm, I haven’t weighed myself yet. My guess is 8
- Maternity clothes? I really need to buy some more tops. I just hate spending money on clothes with such a short life
- Sleep: Decent. I think Baby K prefers when I sleep on my side so I’ve been going to bed that way with a pillow between my knees (hopefully helping my back pain) but I am still rolling onto my back for parts of the night, which is still totally comfortable
- Cravings: Dressing. Mashed potatoes. Sweet potatoes. Chex Mix (bought the supplies to make some and I CAN.NOT.WAIT
- Best moment this week: Getting a bulk of the nursery furniture purchases knocked out
- Movement: If I look at my abdomen at just the right time, I can see it twitching and moving. Totally freaky. I’m also starting to feel more internal movement — not kicks — which is pretty cool
- Gender: Girl
- Belly Button in or out? In
- What I miss: Wine, kind of but not really. I’m slightly sad at the idea of not being able to drink at Thanksgiving this year. But I bought myself some sparkling organic apple cider so at least I’ll be able to pretend that I’m drinking wine
- Milestones: Umm, nursery purchases?
Also, let’s compare my first pregnancy photo with this weeks because I have a hard time believing that I look pregnant.