Nursery Progress: The Bookcase

If you follow me on Twitter then you’ve already seen this, but between helping Matt tape and other painting prep and cleanup — as well as cleaning for house guests, I managed to cover the bookcase backing with fabric and get it nailed into place.

Before adding the backing, the bookcase was on the wobbly side. I was hopeful that the back was necessary to add rigidity and thankfully that was the case.

We picked out a pink damask fabric from JoAnns. One yard was exactly enough.

Bookcase backing fabric

I used spray adhesive on the face of the backing to attach the fabric. Then I used tacky glue to secure the fabric on the back before nailing the backing onto the bookcase. I’m a fan of how it turned out. (excuse the bad iPhone photos)
Bookcase without shelves

Bookcase with shelves

I’m a big fan of how it turned out. I’ll get a picture of it in the room once the queen bed is out of the room. Our neighbors are taking it off of our hands — hopefully sometime this week!

Advertisements

One thought on “Nursery Progress: The Bookcase

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s