- How far along? 31 weeks.
- Total weight gain: Probably 17-18 by now. I’ve been eating lots of crap this week
- Maternity clothes? I just ordered some more from Old Navy. I’m hoping they come in sometime this week.
- Sleep: About the same. Can’t really complain too much.
- Cravings: I made a cake with chocolate icing and it was delicious.
- Best moment this week: Continued nursery progress
- Movement: Still quite a bit of moving and shaking going on. Some days are quieter than others, but I think that’s to be expected. Girl likes to chill out on some days and on others she likes to try to push an elbow/knee out of my side while I’m strolling the aisles at Lowes.
- Gender: Girl
- Belly Button in or out? In
- What I miss: Beer. But still not bad enough to try non-alcoholic beer
- Milestones:I am now dealing with swelling. It’s not too bad, yet, and really is only an issue after a work day. I’m hoping that if i increase my water intake, stop crossing my legs, and start taking mini walk breaks during the work day then I’ll be able to reduce the swelling
This week we finally decided on a curtain rod for the room and got the curtains up. Almost unsurprisingly, our two curtain panels are different lengths. They’re supposed to both be 83 inches long but one is 1.5-2 inches short. Since the window is behind the glider you can’t really tell, so it’s not worth it to go through the hassle of returning the defective panel and waiting for another to be delivered — especially since they’re not carried in the store.
I also got started on a DIY ottoman. The construction is pretty much done – we just have to pick out a fabric to upholster it in and stain or paint the feet. I’ll do a full post with step-by-step pictures, but here it is in the current state, covered with batting (in actuality I have a random yard of fabric draped over it to keep the cats from scratching and ripping the batting):
As you can see, Savannah is already a fan of getting under it: