Katie is 15 weeks old now so I thought it was time for an update. I’m writing this on my phone, so please excuse my rambling and typos.
Here we go, list style…
- Katie is eating 5.5 ounces every 3 hours (generally). She started eating more frequently at daycare. 5.5 ounces seems to be the magic amount where she’s not spitting up a ton
- Bedtime is 7pm. She “sleeps through the night” with the exception of needing her pacifier put back in 1-3 times per night. She wakes up around 6am. One morning she slept till 6:38am (with a few paci replacements starting at 6am). It was awesome. I was able to get ready for work while she dozed.
- Speaking of work, it’s going well. Leaving her at daycare hasn’t been difficult or traumatizing for either of us. She really likes one of the teachers and she’s adjusting well. Napping is hit or miss, but I think that will improve as she gets older. She has taken a couple of 1.5-2 hour naps there so hopefully she can start doing more of that.
- One of the hard parts about being back at work is that Matt is still traveling. So when he’s not here during the week I’ve got to do the pick up/get Katie to take a cat nap/feed Katie dinner/bath/bed/wash bottles/prep bottles for the next day deal all alone. This means that I rarely get to eat dinner before 7:30.
- One of the nice things about being back at work is I have an actual lunch break and I can run some quick errands… Like Target.
- Oops, drifted into some non-Katie updates
- Katie has started laughing. She’s stingy with the laughs, but I think she’s going to explode in laughter soon
- She is officially rolling from tummy to back.
- She really loves to chomp on her hands
- She really likes her Jacques the Peacock toy (by Lamaze). I think I might buy Freddie the Firefly for her.
- I have no idea how much she weighs, but she’s now wearing size 2 diapers and 6month sized Carter’s clothing. She can still fit into size 3month pants, but the onesies are too small. I’ve been avoiding packing them up. She’s getting so big!
- Katie is still on Prevacid 2x/day and Zantac 1x/day.
- We all went to my cousin Anne’s wedding this past weekend. Katie was the cutest (/only) baby there. Traveling for the weekend meant she did not nap well which meant she woke up at 5:30am Saturday and Sunday. She also pooped RIGHT when the ceremony started. That’s some type of good luck for the couple, right?
- Katie is still sleeping in her Rock’n’Play. Actually as I write this she’s asleep in her crib, but I don’t anticipate her staying there all night. We have the head of the crib related with a few books under the legs, to help keep her comfortable due to the reflux.
Ok this ended up being way longer than anticipated. Talk about a brain dump!
Oh! And here’s a video of Katie kind of laughing. Ignore me sounding like an idiot.