Let’s see how I fared in February.
- Choose fabrics for the baby quilt — fail. I’m starting to ponder a different baby gift since I’m not sure that I’m quite ready to take on a quilt.
- Refresh the laundry room — pass! I repainted our countertop and did some purging.
- Hit the gym at least once — fail. I only made it there once.
- Read at least two books — pass! I read The Girl who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest and The Help. If you’re looking for a good read, I highly recommend The Help.
- Make progress in our Master Bedroom update — pass! We have almost all of the furniture ordered and the room rearranged and painted.
Just over a 50% success rate. Not too terrible. But let’s look ahead to March!
- Read at least two books
- Stick to the meal plan – I really failed at this in February
- Figure out artwork and accessories for the master bedroom
- Do some light redecorating in the guest room
- Hit the gym twice
- Celebrate my birthday at the end of the month
Do you have any goals for this month?
First let’s see how I fared in January:
So what’s up for February?
Do you have any goals for February?
Well here we are, 2011 already and the Christmas decorations are packed away. Anybody else notice how once the tree is gone, the room seems much larger?
We rang in the New Year with some friends at home. I neglected to take any pictures, but good times were had. We served homemade pico de gallo and shrimp as appetizers. For dinner, we had filet mignon with bernaise sauce , mashed potatoes, and roasted asparagus. Dessert was a peanut butter cheesecake. All in all, a great meal. And we enjoyed my favorite champagne at midnight, Roland Champion. If you’re ever looking for a good dry Champagne and come across this, you must give it a try.
But now that it’s 2011 and a fresh start, here are some of my goals for January
- Start my first quilt for our friend’s first baby (they find out the gender later this month)
- Keep the house clean
- Try new recipes (especially looking forward to trying my hand at pita bread and english muffins)
- Hit the gym at least once a week (gotta start small)
- Read a book
I don’t think I’m going to set any resolutions for the year, I tend to totally forget about them after only a few months. Maybe I’ll just resolve to have a great year!
Do you have any resolutions for 2011?
The month of March is ending and along with it, the first quarter of 2010. I can’t believe we’re already 1/4 of our way through the year! I am SO ready for April showers and May flowers (and veggies) though! The high here is 75 today and this weekend is supposed to be in the 80’s; I can’t wait!
I didn’t make any March goals, but I’m going to set some for April. These are pretty general, but I think that’s going to set myself up for more success than super specific goals. And I’m doing 4 goals for April being the 4th month of the year.
- Workout more
- Eat healthier
- Keep the house clean
I’ve started using the site DailyBurn.com again for calorie counting and exercise tracking. I’m hoping that I can keep this up all month and shed a few pounds (ideally, 5). My exercise regimen is going to consist of running, biking, and yoga.
I haven’t sewn in a few months, but I’ve got some project ideas in mind:
- Canvas tote bag
LLBean Boat & Tote Bag
- Drawstring bags to store my camera lenses — inspiration:
Etsy Shop: Tracy Joy
- Wallet & checkbook cover (in a bright fabric so its easier to find in my purse!) — inspiration:
From Gussy Sews
- Key-fob (also in a bright color so my keys are easier to find.) — inspiration:
Etsy Shop: Madas Place
Hopefully April won’t speed by as fast as March (and February, and January, and 2009…). Do you have any projects in the pipeline?
Just a quickie of things on my radar in January:
- Keep the place clean
- Plan and price out adding picture molding to the dining room
- Cook dinner most nights
- Clean my office (including the closet)
- Do some sewing
- Read some books
- Walk the dog even though its soooo cold outside!
Any big plans on tap for your January?
Ahh November. Welcome back. I have a feeling that you will speed by way too quickly.
Here’s what I’m hoping to get done this month (in no particular order):
- Attempt to recaulk the shower (again). But be successful.
- Sew a cute hostess gift for a party this weekend– I’m going to try Darby’s (from Fly Through Our Window) dish mat. She has a tutorial for it up at Life in Grace — here
- New Moon!
- Get serious about putting picture molding in the dining room
- Finish cleaning my office
- Figure out our holiday plans
- Bake/cook stuff for Thanksgiving
- Celebrate our 2 year wedding anniversary (next week!) . And be amazed that we’ve been together for 5! years now!
- Keep working on my husband to convince him that we need a second cat
- Start working out again
Do you have any big plans for the month?